Tuesday 10 April 2012

Sister, Dad and Little Iris quilts

This is a part of the last month work (other quilts are waiting for binding or batting).
The first is a quilt for my sister. She has selected the fabric to match her bedroom. It's the Hickory House collection in red by Faye Burgos (for Marcus Brothers Fabrics). This fabric is also lovely in black and white.


I wanted to sew some tumbling cubes for a while but I had no opportunity for it. Then I have decided to sew a seed pillow for my dad. You know, those pillow you heat in the microwave. Mmmmm!!!! I need one too :-) So, cubes appeared to be just perfect for him. I have used 2 miscellany prints by Julia Rothman for Cloud 9, mixed with some FQ bought in my local shop and few solid colors.


And I had a birth to celebrate! I just love sewing for babies :-)
My school friends Eva and Etienne have had their 2nd child arrived in february. A girl named Iris. I love the name! I had some Michael Miller 1930's-50's reproductions in my shelves and I have made this sweet quilt following the same pattern than for my sister's quilt. I have also used this pattern for the aviary quilt (Joel Dewberry) shown in a previous post. It's a very simple pattern, easy to do with FQ and I love the final result, whatever the fabric style used.
I do not get used to label my quilts but I did it for the first time (I wanted to add a message for this baby) and I think I will do it again. I thought labels diminish the esthetic result, I have changed my mind...



This is a part of the last month work (other quilts are waiting for binding or batting).
The first is a quilt for my sister. She choose the fabric to match her bedroom. It's the Hickory House collection in red by Faye Burgos (for Marcus Brothers Fabrics). The size of this quilt is about 40" x 70", it is a "bottom bed" quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment